MT Finance rolls out buy-to-let offering
Leading lender MT Finance has rolled out its buy-to-let (BTL) product to all intermediaries across England and Wales.
Having previously partnered with a select number of brokers in July 2022, MT Finance has now extended availability of its BTL product across the market.
Sitting alongside the company’s unregulated and regulated bridging products, MT Finance’s move into the BTL space marks the beginning of a new chapter in the company’s nearly 15 year history.
Targeted at landlords and investors, the BTL proposition will be characterised by the human-first approach to both lending and service that has driven MT Finance’s bridging departments.
The team is thrilled to be able to increase the services available and is looking forward to working with broker partners to deliver more to clients.
Key features include:
- A flexible approach and can-do attitude
- Interest Cover Ratio (ICR) stress testing from 125%
- Minimum unit size of 28 square metres
- Applications accepted from trading companies, first-time buyers, first-time landlords and those with adverse credit
- Lending to expats at up to 65% loan-to-value (LTV)
- Residential and semi-commercial properties included
- Holiday lets with an Assured Shorthold Tenancy (AST) income included
- Ex-local authority properties at up to 70% LTV, including those with balcony and deck access, subject to an acceptable valuation
The BTL rollout ties in with the re-launch of MT Finance’s refreshed website which has been designed to facilitate a seamless journey for users.
Joshua Elash, Founding Director at MT Finance, comments:
“We are excited to roll out our BTL proposition to the wider intermediary market, enabling us to continue developing our core objective of being an ESG-focused, multi-solution, financial institution.
Brokers know they can rely on us as we have an extensive track record of delivering certainty of funding efficiently and in this market, where volatility is all too common, that is more important than ever.”
Marylen Edwards, Head of Lending BTL at MT Finance, says:
“I am thrilled to be part of this proposition which combines so much expert knowledge within our team and which sets it apart from others in the market.
Brokers are central to our business and we work hard to meet their expectations. We are determined to be known for being clear and transparent, offering an excellent service and being able to give a ‘yes’ or ‘no’ without prolonging the process unnecessarily.
These are tough times for landlords but the BTL market has proven to be resilient and we believe our proposition will assist brokers looking for alternative options for their clients.”