The winners at NACFB’s Industry Awards
The NACFB last night held its Annual Industry Awards Ceremony and Gala Dinner at the Park Plaza Westminster Bridge in the heart of London. One of the few venues large enough to fit 700 guests into a ballroom, the Park Plaza has become the regular venue for this much-anticipated Gala Dinner. We haven’t found anywhere else that does it better.
Comedian Alexander Armstrong provided the Northumbrian folk song and stand-up routine, while the twelve-piece Royal Hen Modern Dance Orchestra under band leader Pete Long supplied the music. But the event was really all about recognising the lenders who have been independently voted the most outstanding in their sector.
Here are the NACFB’s Industry Award winners for 2014:
- Most Innovative Lender of the Year: Shawbrook Bank
- Specialist Lender of the Year: Funding Circle
- Broker Product Development of the Year: Dragonfly Property Finance
- Buy to Let Lender of the Year: B M Solutions
- Motor Vehicle Finance Provider of the Year: Close Brothers Motor Finance
- Factor and Invoice Discounter of the Year: Aldermore Bank
- Short Term Lender of the Year: M T Finance
- Leasing and Asset Finance Provider of the Year: Investec Asset Finance
- Commercial Mortgage Lender of the Year: Lloyds Bank
- Business Bank of the Year: Lloyds Bank
- Outstanding Contribution to the Broker Industry: Stuart Hare (sadly this was a posthumous award)
As in previous years, commercial finance brokers and lenders proved themselves to be born citizens of the city that never sleeps, but those who actually made it back to their bedrooms could reflect on a strong and positive year of industry growth and recognition of how well lenders and brokers have worked together in 2014.
We’re especially grateful to Shawbrook Bank for so generously sponsoring the evening.