Shawbrook hosts 4th Annual North & South Broker Partner Days
Shawbrook Bank held its 4th annual Broker Partner Day series over two full day sessions in Derby and London over a two week period. The Commercial Mortgages Team ran a series of presentations, workshops and networking sessions designed to help brokers build business levels and help more clients.
A combined total of over 220 brokers were present to hear the Bank deliver a business update with a look at recent performance and growth levels across its portfolio of products; an outlook for the property market and an overview of recent product developments, and the various launches which the team has made to better serve its broker customer base.
The BTL market was a key focus of discussion following the Government’s proposed changes announced in the Summer Budget. Deputy CEO & MD of Commercial Mortgages, Stephen Johnson, provided a look ahead to what brokers can expect from reforms in the BTL market and what steps they can take to help customers understand and respond to the changes.
Following the morning presentations, the attendees were split up into groups and were involved in a number of breakout workshops including:
· HMOs, client portfolios and lending criteria with Director of Lending Stuart Kelly and Senior Lending Managers Daniel Standing and Gemma Smith
· The changing landscape of credit, focussing on the new changes to BTL tax relief with Head of Risk Terry Woodley and Deputy CEO & MD of Commercial Mortgages Stephen Johnson
· Legal guides and valuation with Head of Legal Maire George and Nick Hayes, Fraser Sinclair and Robert Bryant –Pearson from Shawbrook’s legal partners Pure Law LLP and Appraisers UK
· A feedback session on Shawbrook’s loan packaging process with Senior Lending Manager Gene Clohessy and Senior Lending Officers Tina Bartlett and Andrea Cadby
· The newest Shawbrook product updates with Head of Sales Emma Cox, Senior Lending Manager David Alexander and Lending Manager Donna House.
· Regulation, the mortgage credit directive and FCA consumer credit permissions with Sales & Marketing Director Karen Bennett
Karen Bennett, Sales & Marketing Director Commercial Mortgages at Shawbrook Bank commented:
“The regulatory and commercial pressures on brokers are continually evolving, and we are committed to supporting the broker market throughout this period of change. The Partner Day series is an opportunity for us to interact with our brokers on a face-to-face basis, providing deeper insights across our offering and receiving valuable feedback on where we can improve.
“Based on feedback received so far the 2015 Partner Days have been the most successful to date and I would like to extend my thanks to the 200+ brokers in attendance. The Shawbrook teams found the days hugely valuable, and the opportunity to open our doors even further on all aspects of the Commercial business proposition has only served to strengthen our partner relationships.”