New bridging finance fund launches
By Bridging Loan Directory -
Barton Bridging Capital Limited has announced the launch of a new bridging finance fund into what is now becoming an increasingly crowded space.
The Fund offers investors the opportunity to invest in a loan into an SPV engaged in bridge financing business, with the objective of providing investors with an annual gross interest income return of approximately 10% p.a. on their original investment, for a term of up to three years (up to 12 month unwind).
Key information of the loan criteria
- Bridging Finance is only offered utilising retail property as collateral, (not commercial) in England & Wales, (not Scotland).
- All loans are made with no more than 60% LTV (all encumbered).
- Average term of each loan is 6 months.
- Any one loan may not exceed 15% of the entire fund.
Investment into the Barton Bridging Capital No.1 LP (Closed-ended Collective Investment Scheme), can be made in two ways:
- Directly into the Limited Partnership for taxable investors.
- Into the tax exempt unit trust for, SIPP, SSAS or charity investors.
The fund is classified an as an unregulated collective investment scheme (UCIS), and complies with the Financial Services and markets Act 2000.
The schemes regulated operator is Consortium Investment Management LLP (FSA authorisation 466575).
The Advisor to the Fund, Barton Bridging Capital Limited was formed in February 2008 and has been actively lending since July 2008. The directors have extensive experience of the property market (incl. architects, property developers, corporate banking and conveyancing).
Directors currently holding c. £100m personal property portfolio, the fund is supported by respected conveyance lawyers overviewing all aspects of the legal lending procedure.