Bridging Job of the Week: Underwriter
Century Capital is expanding and they are now looking for a new UNDERWRITER to join their friendly, passionate and dynamic team.
Century Capital Partners Limited is a Mayfair based independent, principal short term lender. They offer offer flexible financing solutions secured on residential property in the UK.
Century Capital are seeking an experienced underwriter or loans administrator, ideally with a background in secured lending. Your role will be to accurately underwrite and assess each loan application, reporting to the Head of Lending.
Century Capital offer a generous basic salary, in addition to an annual bonus.
- To professionally assess all loan applications from introducers, brokers and direct clients in order to make informed underwriting decisions in line with Company policies, procedures and lending criteria
- To minimise the risk to the business and the applicant, in particular focusing on fraud avoidance
- To thoroughly assess the risk of the application confirming that the loan is affordable
- To provide brokers and clients with accurate case updates at all points in the process
- To ensure that all regulatory requirements are adhered to throughout the process
Skills & Experience:
- Previous underwriting experience within the secured lending or residential mortgage market
- Able to provide a high level of customer service at all stages of an application
- Relevant experience dealing with brokers and third parties
- Excellent communication skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and to strict deadlines
- Strong planning and problem solving skills
Century Capital offer the opportunity for Career development and where appropriate they offer sponsorship of relevant qualifications.
For more information or to apply, please email your CV to [email protected] or call 0207 495 9191